Neuro Champions Group - Liverpool Girls GroupMarch - July 2017
- The Brain and You
- Feelings Emotions and Neuros
- The Brain and Emotions
- Sharing the Message of Mental Health
- Digital and Media Skills
Facilitators: Megan Charles and Juliette Simpson
Youth Workers: Joanne Hoban-Mcglynn and Diane Crozier-Smith
Held at The University of Liverpool Management school the group of young women with complex needs were supported through the Neuro Champions Programme. The group created content linked to attachment, panic attacks, low mood and anger. This lead to a screening in the Liverpool One Apple store and subsequently the group have supported with the continued development of the programme.
- Girls from different backgrounds, who lived in different areas came together and built trusting relationships over the course of the programme.
- All contributed to and developed digital videos around mental health.
- 1 member had a baby and will be supporting with a young parents Neuro Champions Programme.
- 2 members went on to train in Research skills at the University of Liverpool.
- 1 member developed a positivity workshop and facilitated this to a group of young women, she is now working to study social work.
- All were supported to deal with traumatic life events during the course of the programme.
- 5 have gone into paid work as Young Leaders on the wider Neuro Champions Programme.
- 2 members presented at a Children’s Digital Mental Health Event – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtw52VTvjd8
- 3 members travelled to London to showcase the project and their work.